BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is a Mobile App developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). It was launched by Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, at a Digi Dhan programme at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on 30 December 2016. It has been named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar and is intended to facilitate e-payments directly through banks and as part of the 2016 Indian banknote demonetisation and drive towards cashless transactions.
This UPI app supports all Indian banks which use that platform, which is built over the Immediate Payment Service infrastructure and allows the user to instantly transfer money between the bank accounts of any two parties. It can be used on all mobile devices.
BHIM allow users send or receive money to other UPI payment addresses or scanning QR code or account number with IFSC code or MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) Code to users who do not have a UPI-based bank account.
BHIM allows users to check current balance in their bank accounts and to choose which bank account to use for conducting transactions, although only one can be active at any time.
Users can create their own QR code for a fixed amount of money, which is helpful in merchant — seller — buyer transactions.They can also have more than one payment address.
- Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an app that lets you make simple, easy and quick payment transactions using Unified Payments Interface (UPI). You can easily make direct bank to bank payments instantly and collect money using just Mobile number or Payment address. Service available are as follows:
- Send Money – Using this option, you can send money to anyone using Virtual Payment Address (VPA), Account no & IFSC and QR Scan.
- Request Money – Using this option, you can collect money by entering Virtual Payment Address (VPA). Additionally through BHIM App, one can also transfer money using Mobile No. (Mobile No should be registered with BHIM or *99# and account should be linked).
- Scan & Pay- Using this option, you can pay by scanning the QR code through Scan & Pay & generate your QR option is also present.
- Transactions – Using this option, you can check transaction history and also pending UPI collect requests (if any) and approve or reject. You can raise complaint for the declined transactions by clicking on Report issue in transactions.
- Profile – Using this option, you can view the static QR code and Payment addresses created. You can also share the QR code through various messenger applications like WhatsApp, Email etc. available on phone and can also download the QR code.
- Bank Account – Using this Option, you can see the bank account linked with your BHIM App and its PIN status. You can set/change your UPI PIN. You can also change the bank account linked with BHIM App by clicking Change account provided in Menu. Also you can check Balance of your linked Bank Account by clicking “REQUEST BALANCE”.
How to access BHIM:
First Time User:
Step 1: Download and Install BHIM app from Google Play store
Step 2: Select your preferred language.
Step 3: Select SIM which has mobile number that is registered with bank CBS 4
Step 4: Login by setting a 4 digit application password
Step 5: Link your bank accounts using bank account option
Step 6: Set your UPI PIN by providing last 6 digits of debit card and expiry date of debit card
Step 7: Visit Profile option and set virtual payment address (VPA)s (2 virtual payment address (VPA)s are allowed per user 1. mobno@upi, 2. name@upi)
Step 8: Set one virtual payment address (VPA) as a primary virtual payment address (VPA) ( Ex. name@upi can be primary virtual payment address (VPA) making it easy to share with others)
Step 9: QR code feature is available, by using Scan and Pay option send and collect money anytime
Step 10: Send, receive, collect money using virtual payment address (VPA), Account number + IFSC ,Scan and Pay option